This is an important part of this semester's work and is a significant portion of your grade this 6 weeks. You will be asked to create your Portfolio and write your Artist Statement. Please follow the instructions and read the guiding questions carefully in writing your statement.
Completion of Weebly Website: 75 pts (What you reviewed yesterday)
Portfolio and Artist Statement: 100 pts
Note: If you are having trouble in your browser, try working in Firefox.
Put a NEW Portfolio Tab either under your Graphic Design Tab
The purpose of your portfolio is to showcase the work you think is your best and most successful. You should pick 5-10 pieces of your best designs and tutorial images. Please caption each image with the assignment it is from or if it a tutorial.
*Note: Use either the IMAGE icon and make your photo large, or use the GALLERY Icon so that your images can be viewed larger after your site is published.
2. Artist Statement
Writing your Artist Statement (This paragraph will go under your artwork in a text box)
The purpose of artist statements is to describe to others the intent of your artwork, your process, and show your thinking and learning.
Please write in complete sentences, in paragraph form and check your work for spelling and grammar. Remember when you refer to yourself it is “I” NOT “i.” This will count in your grade. You are writing to the world here, not just to me.
Make sure to correctly incorporate academic words that we have used in Design such as:
Composition (how all of the elements in the design are arranged), color, typography, balance, message, audience, revisions, variations, communication, concept, collaboration, unified, font, typeface, etc.
Your Artist Statement will be on your new Portfolio Tab either above or below your designs.
· As you look at the work in your Portfolio what stands out as being your best and most successful work and why?
· In what areas could you improve and how?
· What did you learn that was most surprising or eye opening about design or the process of design?
· What have you learned about the process of design (brainstorming, idea generation, revisions, finalization, critique/reflection).
· Now, looking at your answers to the above questions AND continuing to look at your designs, write a short text (about 3-5 sentences) about you as a designer and if you see a personal style emerging in your work. Promote your strengths and unique qualities as an designer/artist.
Publish your website and double check your work
Click to view the grading rubric