4/28: Complete and refine ads using information below. Complete for review by end of class on Monday, May 1.
Body copy for ads:
We don't care about your background or what's in your wallet, we care about putting fresh, farm to table meals on your plate. So come take a seat at SAME Café, because there's alway room at our table. Join us at 2023 East Colfax in Denver or go to www.soallmayeat.org for more information.
* The correct address is 2023 East Colfax, not what was originally typed on the board.
Design things to keep in mind:
4/27 - Refine print ads based on feedback from Tony and the two directions identified in class (food focus/people focus). Also consider social and brand actions. See the attached notes from your visit for more direction.
4/20 Assignment - Create a print ad that is completely done, along with two variations of the ad (three in total). Be ready to present on the 20th. We'll be giving feedback and critiquing in that class!
-Create one print ad for SAME Café based off our brief.
Create a new logo for SAME Café.
- How can we change the perception of SAME café in a print ad?
- Are there design techniques that we can use to communicate a powerful message around perception?
- What is our brand tagline?
- How could we create a logo that is more in line with what our brand really stands for?
- What is the simplest way we can convey our idea visually?
- Can we create a visual analogy or metaphor to express our idea?
- Is this an interactive print ad? Can we get creative with the medium of print advertising?
- How can we use typography to solve this?
- Can we get creative with negative space to showcase two meanings?
See the attached for print ads that conveyed a brands message in a creative and simple way.
Click on ads to enlarge them.
Downloadable ads (same as above)
3/21 - For your assignment, see the note below from Sarah + Albert along with the attached worksheet from Chris + Kylee. Including the deck as a point of reference!
Want to congratulate you all on a phenomenal class yesterday. We took your briefs and met with your client, who was as impressed as we were. The final brief is below. Be proud – it’s your work.
Problem: Same Café isn’t seen as a real restaurant.
Truth: Food feeds but a meal brings people together.
Ambition: The realest meal in Denver.
Reason to Believe:
- The freshest farm to table meal in Denver.
- A focus on community and bringing people together.
- Whereas a soup kitchen provides food, Same Café a well-rounded meal – salad, soup, and pizza.
Questions to ask:
- What makes a meal?
- What are the differences between food and a meal?
- How can we communicate ‘real’ in a cool way?
Sarah + Albert
Due 3/16 - Your assignment is to come up with a list of questions about Same Cafe's business. Start scouring their website and social media and build your questions from there. See slides 20 + 22 for more information on the assignment.